Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Tai Chi Me?

Hello,

 

Our tai chi leader is in Arizona for some months. It has not mattered because we meet on line so it is still possible. I have appreciated that.

 

They are not changing clocks for day light savings which means they would have to be ready at 6:00 to meet with us. They will be home after Easter. In the meantime we are still meeting, “led by me”. I am not totally comfortable with that. In the past when they were out of town another member of the group led it, but she does not do the on line classes, so it came my way. This morning, the group was quite good at offering opinions and help along the way. I did the Qigong for the heart moves. It helps that I have a sheet to follow with the names and a short description.

 

I was also quite comfortable leading the ten movement form. We did have a lively discussion about where and which direction to breath, you know, in or out at what point.

 

We also spent a little time on the calligraphic form which I do not have such a good grasp of the last segment of that. I asked one of the other participants if he would lead that since he is way ahead of me. He did a fine job. It seems strange to me, but I have learned it more since we have been doing the online classes. Part of the reason for success is because I have my cheat sheet in front of me and when we met in person I could not have that there.

 

One thing is for sure, I would not want to lead this class for a long time without much more training.

 

Paula

No comments: