Sunday, March 7, 2021

Around the Lake

Hello,

 

This afternoon Leroy and I walked down to the lake and around once. We had thought about going twice, but both of us were tired so we just came home. We got about 7,000 steps which was plenty. One of the tiring things was that we dressed too warmly. It was great to see all of the people out on the trail either walking or biking. There were a number of dogs enjoying it as well. It is a satisfying thing to have these trails so close to our house.

 

Leroy and I played a game of scrabble when we got home. I pulled into the lead almost immediately, but in the end Leroy soundly beat me. We borrowed that game from the library. We used to have scrabble, but I suspect we lost tiles and that was the end of that.

 

If I were to hang out clothes today, there would be a lot more snow free space under the lines. Leroy rode his bike to the lake yesterday and he commented, “There was a place where I had to ride on the street because of the snow pile on the sidewalk.” Today that pile had diminished considerably. What a difference a warm sun makes.

 

This morning we had the book club at the church. It is so good to be able to connect virtually and discuss. I enjoy seeing these people. I have my other book club on Tuesday. It is a bit hard on me when the first Sunday and the second Tuesday are almost next to each other. Luckily the two books are nothing alike. For the church we read Pachinko by Min Jin Lee. For the library book club we are reading mysteries and I am reading one by Sue Grafton which was written in 2004.

 

Paula

No comments: