Wednesday, September 2, 2026
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Hello,
We rode an amphibious vehicle around town for 30 minutes and on the water for 30 minutes. It is like the duck boats at the Wisconsin Dells. It was fun. We even went past the public library. It is not often that libraries are pointed out. There were sights that we would return to, this was just an overview. Entering the water got people in the front seats and one side especially a bit wet. Leroy had a sense of spray on him. It was a pleasant time on the river. I like the views from both land and water.
Later we went to the Victoria Garden. It was beautiful and great in the shade. We learned there are four things that make it a Victoria garden. It needs more than four species, a water feature, formal layout, and was it a boat feature? Not sure of that last one. this garden had all of these. The boat was a replica of the Titanic. It was wonderful to just wonder around the space as we navigated from one end to the other.
A woman who lives close stopped and visited with us. She said, “I come here almost every day.” She proceeded to explain some of the plantings to us. I appreciated her sharing. People all over the world are so good and helpful. I hope visitors to the USA find the same welcome and help.
Paula
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment