Thursday, September 17, 2026

Community Garden

Hello, We have been remiss and not weeded in the garden for some time. No one else has been there so the grasses especially have made a lot of growth. It is a kind of grass that my father called knuckle grass. It sends out a shoot, puts down roots and repeats that process. It covers quite a big area. If I pull up one plant I make a lot of progress. I picked some small yellow tomatoes. They are a sweet treat. The trouble was when I went to the second side of the plant, I felt something biting me on my ankle. Oh no! There were small ants on me. I moved away from the area. Those ants on me were smashed as soon as I spotted them. It took a little while, but I was relieved. One year, ants got on me and up under my long pants. I had to go home to get rid of them as their bites are rather uncomfortable. I seriously considered just hiding behind a bush, exposing myself and getting rid of them. Pain can make a difference to one’s sensibilities. On the way home, I saw a woman and a small girl getting into their vehicle so I shared with them all the tomatoes that I had picked. It was just small ones. Someone else picked the larger ones, the smaller ones are ignored. I was outside by the deck when a humming bird landed on the clothes line and looked at me while I looked at it. It was only about two feet from me. I tried to get my phone out to take a picture, but it left. I was sorry that I just did not enjoy seeing it. Pictures are not everything. Paula

No comments: