Saturday, September 12, 2026
Tomatoes
Hello,
We were given some tomatoes. They were the best tasting tomatoes I have eaten this season. We had enough to can so we did one batch of eight quarts yesterday and another batch of eight quarts today.
I thought there might not be enough so I went to the community garden even though we seldom get any tomatoes there. Usually, others pick them. I picked quite a few regular size, small sized, red and yellow. The okra was ripe so I picked that too. Half of it was too large so it was thrown in the compost. The green beans were in about the same territory. There was a small amount of broccoli. It was a busy time in the garden. With the okra requiring the most muscle power to separate it from the plant. The okra blossoms are beautiful. That is my favorite part of the plant.
I was able to give away many of the yellow tomatoes on the way home. As it turned out we had plenty of tomatoes. Now I wonder what to do with the rest of them. It looks like about three jars full. Which I might do just to care for them.
When Leroy fell, his watch did create an alarm. I kept thinking it was on the phone, so we could not find it. Luckily, we thought of his watch just as it was texting that it would call 911 unless Leroy let the watch know that he was alright.
Good to know the watch works as advertised. Now we know something about what to do. When it goes off we might even look there first.
I might even have to get one too.
Paula
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment