Thursday, September 10, 2026
Those exciting walks
Hello,
Last night we walked in the wonderful weather. We were more comfortable that we have been in recent days. It was dark, but we have flashy lights to help us on our way. Rather the flashing arm bands make us more visible to drivers.
We cut through the campus that is on the way. As we were on the sidewalk by the garden, I saw a snake. When I said something, it zoomed off of the path. Leroy just barely saw it there. I was pleased that it had not gone under the fence, but was tucked up close to it. Leory pronounced it to be a garter snake. I am not as sure of the identification, but I would agree with him.
Today we were again walking through campus. I now walk faster than Leroy so I was ahead of him when I heard, oof, and a fairly loud slamming sound. Looking back, I saw Leroy on the ground rolling over onto his back. I wondered did he have a heart attack or a spell. What was he doing on the ground. “What happened?” I wanted to know.
“I stubbed my toe.” He groaned.
He held out his hand for me to help him up. I wondered, should he lay there awhile, but he was not into that. He got to his feet with some groaning. His hand had a small puncture in it, but he seemed ok otherwise. Three students came over and wanted to know if they could help and what happened. Leroy showed that there was a split and raised part in the sidewalk which they said they would report.
Leroy did have some scrapes on his knees which were under his jeans. Luckily, the church has band aids. He now tells me he is sore in many places. We are grateful he did not break any bones or hit his face or head.
Paula
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment