Sunday, September 27, 2026
Update on Leroy
Hello,
Leroy’s heart ablation went fine. He came home the day after the procedure. Had a good sleep and felt wonderful in the morning until about 10:00 am. Then he started to notice some aches and pains. Plus, he had to go to the toilet a lot. He then started to experience weakness. The doctor on call had us take his blood pressure which turned out to be a bit low. He suggested that he was getting dehydrated and he should stop the med that had been prescribed. Since he took it in the morning, there was not much to do about that at the moment. He still seemed fairly good so I went and did my volunteering at church with the stipulation that he should call if needed. He did not call but told me when I got home that he needed to go to the toilet again. He had trouble getting up. After he went, he just laid on the bathroom floor. I started suggesting that we go to the emergency room, but he did not think it necessary. I suggested he go lay on the bed where he could roll off more easily. With help he stood up and started moving slowly, but on his own. When we were close, I went to pull back the covers. I heard a loud thump, raced out and found him lying flat on his back. At that point, I said we needed to go to the ER. He said he felt better. In a bit he too thought we should go, but I said, “I cannot get you down the stairs we must call the ambulance.”
He said, “No,” however a few seconds later he changed it to yes.
They came and had a serious conversation about what was wrong, started an IV and give him a shot of something. Then they got a portable chair because our stairs is hard to navigate with a sharp curve in it. They would have to carry him down, but assured me that it would be an easy job compared to many.
Leroy spent the night in the hospital and will again tonight. I think he is looking much better now and he is not hooked up to so many things. Grateful for all that can be done.
Paula
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment