Wednesday, September 23, 2026

Health Care

Hello, I am grateful for the health care we have available. We have two hospitals within two miles of our home. Both of them have a good reputation. Today we visited one of them for Leroy to get a test for his heart. Tomorrow he will have a procedure that is to help that heart work better. I look at all the equipment in the room for the test and marvel at the inventions and inventors that have brought all this into being. I try to remember those who do not have so much available to them. Even though we might complain about the cost, we can pay it and we do have insurance coverage so we do not pay the full price. Again, I am aware that there are people here and abroad who do not have such available to them. Course there are many countries that have access to medical care for all citizens. Leroy had to give himself some shots before this procedure since he is on blood thinner which he had to stop before the day. He was quite nervous about the shots, but it turned out not to be hard at all. When Leroy’s test was done this morning, the woman commented that he was a cheap date because he does not need much anesthesia. As it is, he ate something when we got home and he has been sleeping since. The dermatologist froze a spot on my face. I have had that done before. This time however, he did it several times to that spot or close to it. Today it is a bit swollen. Certainly nothing I want to touch, but I now know I touch my face many times for no reason in particular. Paula

No comments: