Monday, September 14, 2026
Halifax Second Day
Hello,
I am only up to day 11 on our Nova Scotia trip. It lasted 17 days. On the day before we had a bit of time to explore on our own in Halifax. Leory and I saw a building that had a cast iron façade. The plaque explained it. Neither Leroy nor I had known such existed.
Later we went to the star fort. Our guide was excellent. We learned that the fort was never attacked because it was so well situated. We were lucky to see the guards there.
In the afternoon, we went to Peggy’s Cove Lighthouse. It was a beautiful setting. The rocks were left or pushed by the glaciers. Our earth is an amazing and varied place.
I even bought a souvenir here. We seldom buy anything because we do not need more things in our house or life. This time I bought a tee shirt. It said it was magic. It appears to be just a line drawing, but when exposed to sunlight the colors fill in those lines. It is fun. But that was enough for one trip. It seems I should follow Leory’s lead that when he buys something new something old goes.
Paula
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment