Saturday, August 29, 2026

One Ferry Ride

Hello, We had two ferry boat crossings on our bus trip. We ride onto and off the ferry on the bus. One was a rather short 75-minute crossing so we did not spend so much time out of the bus. We go to an upper deck for the ride. That gives us time to see any sights. I always like to see the shore disappear and reappear. It was windy and cold for the shorter ride from Prince Edward Island to Nova Scotia. It was comfortable to be inside for much of that trip.
On land we toured the Alexander Graham Bell Museum. I did not know that he spent much of his life in Canada. I must not have listened in history class because I think of him as having been a USA citizen.
We also drove on the world’s deepest causeway that goes from Nova Scotia mainland to Cape Brenton Island. There is an s curve as part of it. It crosses the Strait of Canso. All that we have seen of Canada is beautiful country. Nova Scotia is a peninsula including Cape Brenton Island. Which is surrounded by a mixture of salt water and fresh water. They even did coal mining here. Salmon is a food source. They are serious about them still coming. If the fish is more than six pounds, it must be released to lay eggs and keep the population going. We stayed at a resort which had water front area. It was raining on arrival. In the morning it was clear. Down at the water, we could see starfish, crabs, jelly fish, and minnows. I was impressed to be able to see the jellyfish swimming around. Paula

No comments: