Tuesday, August 4, 2026

That 19-Day Trip

Hello, We listened to the GPS which advised us to take a different route than planned because of road construction delays. We went the scenic byway which was called Shooting Star. It was lush and green with little variation of the scene. We had packed a lunch which we ate when we found a well shaded city park. It was lovely and refreshing to get out of the car. After that we did more meandering because of so many road closures. Leroy thinks we went in circles. I am not sure. Because of stops and different possibilities it took a bit longer than expected. However, we had plenty of time to get to the hotel. I had brought a cord to charge my phone. Unfortunately, I learned it only worked with Leroy’s phone. Luckily, we did have the proper cord in the car so that went all the way with me. After we returned home, I made sure that cords for me were clearly labeled. We woke early the first morning, giving Leroy some time to do his exercises before breakfast. Breakfast was ready early. The guy there informed us that it looked foggy out, but it was really smoke from the wild fires to the north of us. It was nice to get that warning. We got there is plenty of time to get our things on the bus and greet our friends. This is really a 17-day trip, but we have to drive a day before and one after so I call it 19 days. Paula

No comments: