Tuesday, August 18, 2026
Still Talking about the bus tour
Hello,
We had an all-day bus with a local guide on Prince Edward Island. This guide was quite fine. He had many interesting things to tell us. It was a bit rainy, but not so much of a problem for us. We stopped at author, Lucy Montgomery’s homes. She wrote Anne of Green Gables. At the homes we had interesting tours.
I was not aware of the strong potato growing in Canada. They are the world’s largest producer of potatoes. The plan was to take us out in the fields to pick or plant, but it was too wet for that so they just talked about it. I was interested in the fact that they talked about using organic methods. I do buy organic potatoes, but I know there are not so many of them out there for purchase.
In the evening we had a lobster dinner which was included as part of the tour. There were other choices and I should have taken something else and just begged for a small bite of someone’s. It came in the shell and it was a bit much for me psychologically. I did not mind the flavor, but was not impressed. I shared mine with others. At least I know now that is not something I want more of. Leroy had salmon and liked it.
Because I generally do not take pictures of food, I have a picture of a friend and his lobster.
This is a lobster trap.
Paula
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment