Sunday, August 9, 2026

More about that Bus trip

Hello, On the third day it was raining, but it was only a hard rain while we were on the bus and the driver had to contend with it. We had brought our umbrellas, but there was a large tote bag of umbrellas. I assume they had been left by previous passengers. They were available to all of us. We also had our raincoats. Most often we just used them. It seemed easier than drying an umbrella. We saw a fire truck that is only used at the airport for emergencies there.
In Ottawa we had a local guide who came on the bus. I was told a lot of interesting things. Can’t say I learned a lot of interesting things, because I am not sure I could tell you many of them. Guess I should take notes. This guide was quite young, but had a head full of knowledge which he shared in a clear voice. He was also entertaining and helped us laugh along with learning. He got us to the war memorial in time for the changing of the guard at the tomb.
Paula

No comments: