Thursday, August 27, 2026
Summer Produce
Hello,
I am always so excited with the advent of summer produce from gardens around me. Wonderful that no plastic is involved, the product is fresh, and usually organic. What could be better.
We picked in the community garden this morning. There were quite a few green beans. More than we can eat in one sitting or even two. It is fine to give some away. They are green pole beans so we do not have to be low as when picking bush beans. I have to confess I do not feel so generous when I have put a lot of work into the harvesting of the items. We picked a big bag of cucumbers and all but two were given away. I had just bought some cucumbers, because I had not seen so many in the garden on my last visit. There was also a very large zucchini which also was given away. We did have some okra, but I made them into a stir fry that we had for lunch. I almost forgot there was a lot of broccolis, but we have most of that. It is a lot of little heads and some worms were in there too. Others are not so excited to get that.
Luckily Leroy went with me to pick the green beans and a few other things. He is a great pack horse as he carried much of the weight home. In the past I often did this by myself because he was working full time. I wonder how I managed it all.
Paula
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment