Friday, August 7, 2026

Group of Eight

Leroy and I were slower to get up the second day, making us almost last on the bus before takeoff. Not our style and not what we want.
We picked up the last of our group of former pastors and spouses in Sioux St Marie, Michigan. Now our small group, within the group, was complete.
Soon we crossed the border into Canada. There was still quite a lot of smoke. I had brought masks for me, but Leroy did not like that kind. They offered masks on the bus. But Leroy did not take one. He did not feel so good after that. Luckily, for us because his coughing had gotten serious, there was a drug store next to the hotel. We were ready to check out with some over the counter items. I could not find the directions. “We better talk to the pharmacist about this,” I said. The first thing she asked Leroy was, “What medications are you using?” When she learned that, she said, “You can not take this. I will help you find something that will work.” She selected two possibilities with a preference for one of them. She even told him how much he could take a day. I was so pleased that we had asked and that she was so helpful. There are good people all over the world. A total of 44 of us were on the bus, counting the guide and the driver. Even though we were a sub group of eight we met and visited with a number of the other passengers. Paula

No comments: