Wednesday, July 24, 2024

Weeds stronger than we are

Hello, Leroy and I went to the community garden for about an hour to dig/pull weeds. It was a struggle to win. The knuckle grass was well established and enormous. Luckily there were two of us and a shovel. Guess it has been good weather for growth and we have been gone a long time. I had gone by myself without a digger or a shovel and was not so successful. It was such a little attempt, that no one would know that I had been there. Today, Leroy and I learned that we will be going on another trip at the end of August, first part of September. It will be a bus trip to the west in this country. This will be the fourth big trip this year. Leroy is getting to the end of his trip need for the time being. Certainly, it is more than we have ever done in one year. Last night I went to a presentation about the 50 years of the Ely Library. The best part for me was to see some of the people I knew from the past, but had not seen in a long time. People make the world go round. Paula

No comments: