Monday, July 22, 2024

Bug Chasing Day July 22, 2024 Hello, I cut some lettuce, brought it in to wash, and noticed a bug on the floor. It was not a familiar bug, but I thought maybe it was a big ant before I smashed it under my heel. It took two more blows before it stopped moving. Then after the lettuce was on the counter, I got out my metal mixing bowls to use for the wash, Leory came out to help and said, “There is a bug on the counter.” At which point it seemed like a good idea to take the lettuce outside to clean it. Leroy, who was behind me, said, “Another one fell out and it went in the closet.” One also fell on the steps, but scurried out of sight. We found many of those bugs on that lettuce. I guess they were hiding because the lettuce had not been consumed by anyone for lunch. We washed it four times and more each time. It was good lettuce, but I will be more cautious next time when bringing such things into the house. Leroy did find the two bugs that had gotten lose in the house. We feel better now even though these bugs just wanted to get away from us. We did tour the tower of London. Many people saw the crown jewels, but we decided not to stand in line for that, instead we climbed a lot of stairs.
Paula

No comments: