Friday, July 19, 2024

Leroy Retired

Hello, Someone asked Leroy, “How is retirement going?” “I don’t really know since we have not been home much of the time.” he replied. Leroy had a week before we left on our Rhine River Cruise. Much of that time was spent getting ready for the trip or doing some odd jobs. There were six days at home between trips before we left with the choir for England. I had covid some of that time and spent two full days in bed plus the rest of the time just being quiet and slow. He had to cook, clean up and generally take care of things. This week, we have been home except for doctor visits. Leroy is definitely reading a lot. He always does read a lot. He has gone to the library twice for more books. He can ride the bike there, but it would be nice if it was a good walk away. I have been having him help with household chores. At first, we were both rather tired and disorientated with jet lag. I feel quite fine today and he seems to be good too. We even managed to deliver the neighborhood newsletters. We have 140 places that get them. Some of these are on quite nice hilly spots. I know Iowa has a reputation as being flat, but there are some hills, not mountains, but a bit of up and down. Leroy is helping me water plants at church. Today while he watered, I pruned and deadheaded. It looks a bit better. We found the Roman Baths quite interesting. Not sure why it looks like my abdominal area is extended, but I might have had my bag under there since it was so crowded.
Paula

No comments: