Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Health

Hello,
I just got the results of my most recent blood tests. I am happy to report that my total cholesterol dropped by 35 points. Still more than 200, but close at 217. Triglycerides dropped to 58 so that is excellent. HDL is down to 72, but I understand that is still in the good range. LDL is 127, putting it in the near optimal range.
What caused this good report? Maybe it is less cheese in the diet plus honey and cider vinegar taken each day? Or is it all of the yoga? Who knows? Now just to hang on to that level and maybe even have it drop some more. Will Leroy have a similar tale to tell when he gets his levels checked?
We are getting quite a lot of rain. I did not ride my bike to the park for yoga because the sky was dark. It did not rain until I had been home for two hours. Leroy even made it home for lunch before it poured. We have been so fortunate to ride bikes or walk most of the time without getting wet.
There is a strange fungus growing in the front flower bed. It has a narrow brown top with an orange stem. It is so interesting that it gets to live. It seems not to bother anything else.
While in the park a woman in a motorized cart wheeled around the camp ground. How wonderful that handicapped persons can be out and about too.
The ration of dogs to people was clearly out of sync. Most had a dog and many had two or more.
We were also fortunate to see four deer, hear owls hooting, and hear cicadas buzzing away in the trees.
Paula

No comments: