Friday, September 27, 2024

What a Trip

Hello, We returned home two days ago from a bus trip to the Pacific Northwest. The first two days, as we spent a lot of time riding to the west, I wondered “Was this a good thing to sign up for?” At that point we were tired and a bit weary from so much bus time. By the time we got home from this 5,000-mile ride we were excited about so many things that we had seen. This is the fourth extended trip we have taken this year. This trip was the longest. We had to add one additional day to get to Minnesota for the starting point and then to get one day to get back home. All told it was 19 days on the road for us. Many people have asked what was the favorite part. It is hard to exclude anything, but I have finally settled on the walks among the red woods as my favorite thing. I like trees and it was astonishing to be about half way up one of these trees and realize there is still so much tree above me.
Paula

No comments: