Thursday, September 26, 2024

Seeing with clarity

Hello, I had laser surgery to clear up my vision which had changed after cataract surgery. I had not realized how my sight had deteriorated. It was wonderful to walk out of the office and see better than I had in months. It came so gradually that I had not noticed. The world looks brighter. The surgery was painless and easy although it lasted quite a while for my right eye. They had talked about 30 seconds and both Leroy and I think it was more like a minute. The left eye took just a few seconds. There were no restrictions on my activity. Liked that feature. I do have a lot of floaters now, but they had told me that would very likely be the case. Most of them are small, but one is rather large. I am hoping it will go away after some time of visiting me. I sometimes think there is a bug near and once I thought a mouse had moved out of my sight, but it was just floaters. It would have been nice to have realized this vision lack before all the trips we took this summer, but as someone said the pictures will look so much better now. Good thing I had that appointment with the eye doctor who knew what was going on and what to do about it. I did have a check up with my personal care provider. I was pleased when she said, “I forget you are over 70 because you are in such good shape.” Paula

No comments: