Tuesday, October 6, 2026

Open Wide

Hello, Today, my dental appointment was at 2:00 pm. I was sure of it. However, when I checked today at 10:00 am, the calendar had 10:00 am written on it. I panicked. I tried to call, left a message and raced to the car, got a block away when I realized I had not brought with me the replacement teeth that had fallen out. Turned on the next block, raced upstairs, grabbed what I needed, and hurried back out to the car. In the car, I took some deep breaths and told myself that an accident would not help. At that point, the dentist’s office called me. They said it would be alright to still come. I did not speed, but was at the limit all of the time. At the dentist’s office, he was just ready for me. He assured me that it was ok. He got right to work checking out the situation. There were still some pieces stuck to my teeth that he had to extract. Some came easily and some required drilling. Amazing how we put our trust in the hands of people who care for us. What steady hands. He did tell me that if there was any pain I should tell him. Aside from holding my mouth open for some longer periods of time, there was no pain. I realized when I left that, in spite of my lateness, he still spent an hour and a half with me. That 2:00 appointment is next week for my yearly check at the doctor. Do you think I will want to go at 10:00 am? Paula

No comments: